Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Lamentations 3:15-26 (NLT)...

FROM TODAY's reading (2/19/2014)...

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."
- Carl Bard

Lamentations 3:15-26 (NLT) He has filled me with bitterness and given me a bitter cup of sorrow to drink. He has made me chew on gravel. He has rolled me in the dust. Peace has been stripped away, and I have forgotten what prosperity is. I cry out, “My splendor is gone! Everything I had hoped for from the Lord is lost!” The thought of my suffering and homelessness is bitter beyond words. I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss. Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this: The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!” The Lord is good to those who depend on him, to those who search for him. So it is good to wait quietly for salvation from the Lord. 

Note: Lamentations is a record of the Prophet Jeremiah's mournful pleas to God for his beloved nation of Israel (in particular...Judah and Jerusalem). Jeremiah found
himself a prophet in the midst of God's sovereign judgment on Israel.