Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Matthews 16:24-26 (NLT)...

FROM TODAY'S READING (5/15/2014)...
"I’m part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The dye has been cast. I have stepped over the line, the decision has been made. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won’t look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still. 
My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, my future is secure. I’m fininshed and done with low living, sight walking, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals. My face is set, my gate is fast, my goal is heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I won’t give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up for the cause of Jesus Christ. 
I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till everyone knows, work till He stopes me, and when He comes for His own, He will have no trouble recognizing me because my banner will have been clear."
SOURCE: Provided by Love Worth Finding Ministries, the author’s name is unknown. This quote is reported to have been found in the home of an African preacher.

Matthew 16:24-26 (NLT) Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me. If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it. And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Is anything worth more than your soul?