Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Philippians 2:14-18 (NLT)...

FROM TODAY'S READING (5/12/2014)...

"Chaim (Chaim Potok), I know you want to be a writer, but listen to your mama. Be a brain surgeon. You'll keep a lot of people from dying; you'll make a lot of money. "
"Mama, I don't want to keep people from dying; I want to show them how to live.!"
- Eugene H. Peterson (Under The Unpredictable Plant, p. 47)

Philippians 2:14-18 (NLT) Do everything without complaining and arguing, so that no one can criticize you. Live clean, innocent lives as children of God, shining like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people. Hold firmly to the word of life; then, on the day of Christ’s return, I will be proud that I did not run the race in vain and that my work was not useless. But I will rejoice even if I lose my life, pouring it out like a liquid offering to God, just like your faithful service is an offering to God. And I want all of you to share that joy. Yes, you should rejoice, and I will share your joy.