Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Matthews 5:14-16 (NLT)..,

FROM TODAY'S READING (9/8/2014)..,

"The first car my wife, Barbara, and I purchased after our marriage was a pale green 1969 Volkswagen. Perhaps some of you recall the factory color, a kind of washed-out, pea soup green. The car's color had been further dulled by oxidation and sixty thousand miles of road film. How pleased and proud I was to find that a little rubbing compound and lots of elbow grease could make that old Beetle shine -- still a pale, pea-soup color, but lustrous and shiny -- absolutely VWcool. I also discovered that the paint required regular attention, and I gave it. 
Like many everyday things in life, my experiences suggested some spiritual wisdom to my budding preacher's mind -- namely, that as believer's in Christ we have the inner potential to shine for him."
- R. Kent Hughes (Genesis - Beginning and Blessing)

Matthew 5:14-16 (NLT) “You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father.