Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Philippians 1:4-7 (NLT)...

FROM TODAY'S READING (12/4/2014)..,

It was a special treat to enjoy a post-Thankgiving Day nostalgic tour of our family roots in Aroostook County. It was made especially meaningful by the blessing of making the visit with my whole family. Nice. One of our stops was at County Road Baptist Church (our first pastorate...1981-1988). A cherished friend and charter member of CRBC, Wayne Watson, joined in our reminiscing about those church pioneering days...sparked by seeing the pulpit built by Mel Stewart...a faithful encourager and church pioneer himself. Happy Thanksgiving indeed.

Philippians 1:4-7 (NLT) Whenever I pray, I make my requests for all of you with joy, for you have been my partners in spreading the Good News about Christ from the time you first heard it until now. And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns. So it is right that I should feel as I do about all of you, for you have a special place in my heart...