Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Romans 7:18-25 (NLT)...

FROM TODAY'S READING (1/16/2015)...

I think I've found a way for making sins more acceptable to God. Just ad "ish" to everything. That will make sinning more tolerable. 
- Jerral Rockwell (a thought while exceeding a 40 mph zone)

Romans 7:18-25 (NLT) And I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. I want to do what is right, but I can’t. I want to do what is good, but I don’t. I don’t want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway. But if I do what I don’t want to do, I am not really the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it. I have discovered this principle of life—that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong.
But there is another power within me that is at war with my mind. This power makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me. Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death? Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God’s law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin.