Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Matthew 25:34-40 (NLT)..,

FROM TODAY'S READING (2/13/2015)...

THE PIT
~ A man fell into a pit and could not get himself out.
~ A Subjective person came along and said "I feel for you down there in that pit"
~ An Objective person came along and said "It’s logical that someone would have fallen down into that pit"
~ A Christian Scientist came along and said "You only think you’re in the pit"
~ A Pharisee said "only bad people fall into the pit"
~ A Newspaper Reporter wanted the exclusive story on the pit
~ A Fundamentalist said "You deserve your pit"
~ Confucius said "If you had listened to me you would not be in that pit"
~ Buddha said "The pit is only a state of mind"
~ A Realist said "that’s a pit"
~ A Scientist calculated the pressure necessary to get him out of the pit
~ A Geologist told him to appreciate the rock strata in the pit
~ A Tax man asked him if he was paying taxes on the pit
~ An inspector asked him if he had a permit to dig the pit
~ An Evasive person came along and avoided the subject of the pit altogether
~ A Self pitying person said "You haven’t seen anything until you have seen my pit"
~ A Charismatic said "just confess that you are not in the pit"
~ An Optimist said "It could be worse"
~ A Pessimist said "Things will get worse"
~ Jesus walking along seeing the man in the pit simply knelt down, extended his hand and pulled him out of the pit!

Matthew 25:34-40 (NLT) “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world. For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.’ 
"Then these righteous ones will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 
"And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’