Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Psalm 73 (NLT)...

FROM TODAY'S READING (2/27/2015)...

The enemy does not have to destroy you but simply distract you. Little distractions tolerated over a long period of time result in big disasters. 
- Adapted quote from Daniel Henderson (Defying Gravity)

Psalm 73: 2-5, 7, 13-14, 17, 21-26 (NLT)...2-5, 7 But as for me, I almost lost my footing. My feet were slipping, and I was almost gone. For I envied the proud when I saw them prosper despite their wickedness. They seem to live such painless lives; their bodies are so healthy and strong. They don’t have troubles like other people; they’re not plagued with problems like everyone else...These fat cats have everything their hearts could ever wish for!
13-14 Did I keep my heart pure for nothing? Did I keep myself innocent for no reason? I get nothing but trouble all day long; every morning brings me pain.
17, 21-26 Then I went into your sanctuary, O God, and I finally understood the destiny of the wicked...Then I realized that my heart was bitter, and I was all torn up inside. I was so foolish and ignorant— I must have seemed like a senseless animal to you. Yet I still belong to you; you hold my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny. Whom have I in heaven but you? I desire you more than anything on earth. My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever.