Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 29, 2016

Proverbs 16:24 (NLT)...

FROM TODAY'S READING (4/29/2016)...

I KNOW SOMETHING GOOD ABOUT YOU

Wouldn't this old world be better
If the folks we meet would say -
"I know something good about you!"
And treat us just that way?

Wouldn't it be fine and dandy
If each handclasp, fond and true,
Carried with it this assurance -
"I know something good about you!"

Wouldn't life be lots more happy
If the good that's in us all
Were the only thing about us
That folks bothered to recall?

Wouldn't life be lots more happy
If we praised the good we see?
For there's such a lot of goodness
In the worst of you and me!

Wouldn't it be nice to practice
That fine way of thinking, too?
You know something good about me;
I know something good about you.
- Unknown author

Proverbs 16:24 (NLT) Kind words are like honey— sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.

1 Thessalonians 5:11 (NLT) So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.

Colossians 4:6 (NLT) Let your conversation be gracious and attractive so that you will have the right response for everyone.