Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 22, 2016

Psalm 18:46 (NLT)...

FROM TODAY'S READING (4/22/2016)...

Worry is the act of imagining a future without God. When you strip it down to its bones that’s what it really is. 
I worry when I imagine a future devoid of God. 
I worry when I project my current feelings and discouragements and struggles into the future. 
I worry when I take God’s love and faithfulness out of the equation. When I imagine a stark and bleak future, a screaming void in which my faithful and loving Father does not exist or act on my behalf. Underneath all the anxiety and fear and confusing emotions worry is actually a form of atheism. It’s acting as if God does not exist.
Psalm 18:46 provides three words which destroy worry and fuel faith: “The Lord lives…”
Don’t pass over those words too quickly. The...Lord...Lives.
- Pastor Stephen Altrogge (Sovereign Grace Church)

Psalms 18:1-2, 46 (NLT) I love you, LORD; you are my strength. The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.
The LORD lives! Praise to my Rock! May the God of my salvation be exalted!”