Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Psalm 31:24 (NLT)...

FROM TODAY'S READING (5/19/2016)...

Many years ago a young Midwestern lawyer suffered from such deep depression that his friends thought it best to keep all knives and razors out of his reach. He questioned his life's calling and the prudence of even attempting to follow it through. During this time he wrote, "I am now the most miserable man living. Whether I shall ever be better, I cannot tell. I awfully forebode I shall not." But somehow, from somewhere, Abraham Lincoln received the encouragement he needed, and the achievements of his life thoroughly vindicated his bout with discouragement. 
- Chuck Swindoll (Today In The Word, Dec. 1989, pg. 20)

Psalms 31:24 (NLT) So be strong and courageous, all you who put your hope in the LORD!