Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Proverbs 2:1-8 (NLT)...

FROM TODAY'S READING (10/11/2016)

"If the plain sense makes sense, don't look for any other sense, lest you end up with nonsense."
- Golden Rule of Bible Interpretation

PS - This seems to be a pretty good rule for life in general. :-)

Proverbs 2:1-8 (NLT) My child, listen to what I say, and treasure my commands. Tune your ears to wisdom, and concentrate on understanding. Cry out for insight, and ask for understanding. Search for them as you would for silver; seek them like hidden treasures. Then you will understand what it means to fear the LORD, and you will gain knowledge of God. For the LORD grants wisdom! From his mouth come knowledge and understanding. He grants a treasure of common sense to the honest. He is a shield to those who walk with integrity. He guards the paths of the just and protects those who are faityhful to him.

Proverbs 8:12-14 (NLT) I, Wisdom, live together with good judgment. I know where to discover knowledge and discernment. All who fear the LORD will hate evil. Therefore, I hate pride and arrogance, corruption and perverse speech. Common sense and success belong to me. Insight and strength are mine.

Image: Creative Commons (Flickr: Steve Webel)