Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 6, 2017

Philippians 2:1-4 (NLT)...

FROM TODAY'S READING (1/6/2017)...


"I am a life-long learner, computer junkie and reformed family tree climber. My love of puzzles and mysteries is evidenced in my work and hobbies. I have learned a lot about computers by trying to solve other people's problems, which is a major part of my job. As a parent and grandparent, and as a technology educator, my goal is to work myself into obsolescence. I believe I will have done my job when the people who depend upon me recognize their personal power and ability to do it for themselves."

- Bev Locke (quote taken from her Google+ file)


NOTE: Bev recently succumbed to cancer and is now with her/our Lord. She was a beloved, respected, and humble church member and servant for Christ at Family Bible Church. I was recently in the process of cleaning up my Gmail account when I came across Bev's contact file. I could not bring myself to delete her file....not yet anyway. God help me to live up to her quote...and life.


Philippians 2:1-4 (NLT) Is there any encouragement from belonging to Christ? Any comfort from his love? Any fellowship together in the Spirit? Are your hearts tender and compassionate? Then make me truly happy by agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving one another, and working together with one mind and purpose. Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.


 


Image: Creative Commons (Pinterest)