Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Job 2:8-10 (NLT)...

FROM TODAY'S READING (10/12/2017)...


"It's a weak faith that only serves God in times of blessing. The book of Job teaches us that true faith, genuine faith, great faith is revealed only when we serve and trust God in the hard times, the times of suffering, loss, and opposition. That's the kind of faith that makes the world sit up and take notice."

Ray Stedman


Job 2:8-10 (NLT) Job scraped his skin with a piece of broken pottery as he sat among the ashes. His wife said to him, “Are you still trying to maintain your integrity? Curse God and die.” 

But Job replied, “You talk like a foolish woman. Should we accept only good things from the hand of God and never anything bad?” So in all this, Job said nothing wrong.


 Job 1:20-22 (NLT) Job stood up and tore his robe in grief. Then he shaved his head and fell to the ground to worship. He said, "I came naked from my mother’s womb, and I will be naked when I leave. The Lord gave me what I had, and the Lord has taken it away. Praise the name of the Lord!” 

In all of this, Job did not sin by blaming God.”



Image: Creative Commons (William Blake engravings)