Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 18, 2019

1 Peter 1:24-25 (NLT)...

FROM TODAY’S READING (7/18/2019)...

My Bible and I...
We've traveled together through life's rugged way,
O'er land and o'ver water, by night and by day:
To travel without it I never would try;
We keep close together, my Bible and I.

In sorrow I've proved it my comfort and joy,
When weak my strong tower which nought can destroy;
When death comes so near me 'tis thought I would die,
We still are together, my Bible and I.

If powers of evil against me would come,
And threaten to rob me of heaven and home,
God's Word then directs me to Him in the sky;
And nothing can part us, my Bible and I.

When evil temptations are brought to my view,
And I in my weakness know not what to do,
On Christ as my strength I am taught to rely;
And so we keep company, my Bible and I.

When life's path is ended; if Jesus should come
And take all his blood-purchased brethren home;
Or if, in long suffering, He waits till I die,
We'll never be parted, my Bible and I.

And when in the glory my Lord I behold,
With all His redeemed gathered safe in the fold,
My Bible and I close companions will be,
FOR GOD'S WORD ABIDES FOR ALL ETERNITY.
 Author Unknown 

Matthew‬ ‭24:35‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) Heaven and earth will disappear, but my words will never disappear.
‭‭
1 Peter‬ ‭1:24-25‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) As the Scriptures say, “People are like grass; their beauty is like a flower in the field. The grass withers and the flower fades. But the word of the Lord remains forever.” And that word is the Good News that was preached to you.
‭‭
Image: Creative Commons (Unsplash.com)