Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Lamentations 3:51-57 (NLT)...

FROM TODAY'S READING (2/20/2014)...

"A minister I had heard of in Romania had been horribly beaten and was thrown back into the cell with the other prisoners. He was half-dead, with blood streaming from his face and body. As some of the prisoners washed him, others cursed the Communists. Groaning, the minister said, "Please, don't curse them! Keep silent! I wish to pray for them."
- Richard Wurmbrand (spent 14 years in a Communist prison in Romania during the Cold War)

Lamentations 3:51-57 (NLT) My heart is breaking over the fate of all the women of Jerusalem. My enemies, whom I have never harmed, hunted me down like a bird. They threw me into a pit and dropped stones on me. The water rose over my head, and I cried out, “This is the end!” But I called on your name, Lord, from deep within the pit. You heard me when I cried, “Listen to my pleading! Hear my cry for help!” Yes, you came when I called; you told me, “Do not fear.”