Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Ecclesiastes 9:10 (NLT)...

FROM TODAY'S READING 4/20/2015)...

MY JOB HISTORY...
... My first job was working in an orange juice factory, but I got canned...couldn't concentrate.
...Then I worked in the woods as a lumberjack, but I just couldn't hack it, so they gave me the ax.
...After that I tried to be a tailor, but I just wasn't suited for it...mainly because it was a so-so job.
...Next I tried working in a muffler factory but that was too exhausting. I wanted to be a barber, but I just couldn't cut it.
...Then I tried to be a chef--figured it would add a little spice to my life but I just didn't have the thyme.
...I attempted to be a deli worker, but any way I sliced it, I couldn't cut the mustard. 
...My best job was being a musician, but eventually I found I wasn't noteworthy.
...I studied a long time to become a doctor, but I didn't have any patience. 
...Next was a job in a shoe factory--I tried but I just didn't fit in.
...I became a professional fisherman, but discovered that I couldn't live on my net income.
...I managed to get a good job working for a pool maintenance company, but the work way just too draining.

...I got a job at a zoo feeding giraffes, but I was fired because I wasn’t up to it.

...So then I got a job in a workout center, but they said I wasn't fit for the job.

...After many years of trying to find steady work, I finally got a job as a historian until I realized there was no future in it.

...My last job was working at Starbucks, but I had to quit because it was always the same old grind.

...So, then I retired...and found out I was perfect for the job!

- Charles Mitchell (unknown source)

Ecclesiastes 9:10 (NLT) Whatever you do, do well. For when you go to the grave, there will be no work or planning or knowledge or wisdom.