Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Matthew 6:14-15 (NLT)..,

FROM TODAY'S READING (10/9/2015)...

The other day, a sister called to tell me that one of the young men (in a mid-1990's newly opened home for AIDS patients in New York) was dying but, strange to say, he couldn't die. So she asked him, "What is wrong?" And he said, "Sister, I cannot die until I ask my father to forgive me." So the sister found out where the father was, and she called him. And something extraordinary happened, like a living page from the gospel: The father embraced his son and cried, "My son, my beloved son!" And the son begged the father, "Forgive me! Forgive me!" And the two of them clung to each other tenderly. Hours later, the young man died.

When we realize we are all sinners needing forgiveness, it will be easy for us to forgive others. We have to be forgiven in order to forgive. If I do not understand this, it will be very hard for me to say " I forgive you" to anyone who comes to me.
- Mother Teresa ("No Greater Love")

Matthew 6:14-15 (NLT) If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you. But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Colossians 3:13 (NLT) Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.

Ephesians 4:31-32 (NLT)  Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior. Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.