Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

2 Timothy 1:7 (NLT)...

FROM TODAY'S READING (5/24/2016)...

When I am conscious of the fear of failure holding me back, I go through a kind of personal checklist:  
1. Does this fear come basically from pride, a fear that I will not live up to my own expectations or to those of others?  
2. Do I remember that God has called me first to faithfulness, then to efficiency?  
3. Do I trust that the Holy Spirit is working before me, with me, and through me?  
4. Do I remember that I am called to be neither more nor less successful than Jesus Christ was?  
5. Do I remember that God does his greatest work when I seem to be weakest? Isn’t that, after all, the mystery of the cross?  
- Leighton Ford (Good News is for Sharing, p. 65.)

2 Timothy 1:7 (NLT) For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
Image: Creative Commons