Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Mark 4:38141 (NLT)...


FROM TODAY'S READING (9/8/2016)...

"Sometimes God calms the storm.  Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child."
- Leslie Gould, The Amish Nanny

Mark 4:38-41 (NLT) Jesus was sleeping at the back of the boat with his head on a cushion. The disciples woke him up, shouting, “Teacher, don’t you care that we’re going to drown?” 
When Jesus woke up, he rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Silence! Be still!” Suddenly the wind stopped, and there was a great calm. Then he asked them, “Why are you afraid? Do you still have no faith?” 
The disciples were absolutely terrified. “Who is this man?” they asked each other. “Even the wind and waves obey him!”

Psalms 94:18-19 (NLT) I cried out, “I am slipping!” but your unfailing love, O LORD, supported me. When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.

Matthew 11:28-30 (NLT) Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”

Image: Creative Commons (Wikipedia/public domain)