Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 10, 2017

Colossians 3:17 (NLT)..;

FROM TODAY'S READING (2/10/2017)...


I recently read that Kmart (Big K) store will soon be closing in Bangor. It gave me pause to reflect and be appreciative for how good that retailer was to me. Soon after my 1971 discharge from the Army, I was hired to join the Kmart Automotive team. The new Bangor store opened its doors in September of 1972. It proved to be wildly successful. It also provided me manager training, a good income, benefits, opportunity, and excellent health insurance (imagine that!). Additionally, I was given preferential employment while attending Bible College in Springfield, MO. I am thankful...Kmart was good to me. Thanks.

  • Richard Rockwell

PS - Remember the "Blue Light Special?"


Colossians 3:17 (NIV) And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.


 K

Image: Jerral Rockwell's cell phone (used with permission) :-)