Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Matthew 5:43-47 (NLT)...

FROM TODAY'S READING (3/22/2017)...


"My last deed before leaving [Romania in December of 1965] was to go to the grave of the colonel who had given the order for my arrest and who had ordered my years of torture. I placed a flower on his grave. By doing this I dedicated my years to bringing the joys of Christ that I have to the communists who are so empty spiritually."

Richard Wurmbrand ("Tortured For Christ," Living Sacrifice Book Company)

The Voice of The Martyrs, Inc.


Matthew 5:43-47 (NLT) You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor’ and hate your enemy. But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike. If you love only those who love you, what reward is there for that? Even corrupt tax collectors do that much. If you are kind only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else? Even pagans do that.


Luke 23:32-34 (NLT) Two others, both criminals, were led out to be executed with him. When they came to a place called The Skull, they nailed him to the cross. And the criminals were also crucified—one on his right and one on his left. Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they don’t know what they are doing.” And the soldiers gambled for his clothes by throwing dice.


 

Image: Creative Commons (Google)