Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 14, 2017

Matthew 11:28-30 (NLT)...

FROM TODAY'S READING (7/14/2017)...


"We can easily manage if we will only take, each day, the burden appointed to it. But the load will be too heavy for us if we carry yesterday's burden over again today, and then add the burden of the morrow before we are required to bear it."

John Newton (1725-1807) author of "Amazing Grace"


Matthew 11:28-30 (NLT) Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light."


"The rest that Jesus promises is love, healing, and peace with God, not the end of all labor. A relationship with God changes meaningless, wearisome toil into spiritual productivity and purpose."

Life Application Bible (LAB) note


Galatians 6:2-3 (NLT) Share each other’s burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ. If you think you are too important to help someone, you are only fooling yourself. You are not that important.




Image: Creative Commons (Flickr/marfis75)