Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Colossians 3:16-17 (NLT)...

FROM TODAY'S READING (9/27/2017)...


"The Bible was written not to satisfy your curiosity but to help you conform to Christ's image. Not to make you a smarter sinner but to make you like the Saviour. Not to fill your head with a collection of biblicalfacts but to transform your life."

Howard Hendricks ("Prof" at Dallas Theological Seminary)

(1924-2013)


Colossians 3:16-17 (NLT) Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father.


Psalms 119:11 (NLT) I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.


Psalms 119:18 (NLT) Open my eyes to see the wonderful truths in your instructions.


Psalms 119:34-40 (NLT) Give me understanding and I will obey your instructions; I will put them into practice with all my heart. Make me walk along the path of your commands, for that is where my happiness is found. Give me an eagerness for your laws rather than a love for money! Turn my eyes from worthless things, and give me life through your word. Reassure me of your promise, made to those who fear you. Help me abandon my shameful ways; for your regulations are good. I long to obey your commandments! Renew mjy life with your goodness.




Image: Creative Commons (pxhere.com)