Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

John 19:16-17 (NLT)...

FROM TODAY’S READING (1/8/2019)...


I traveled down a lonely road

And no one seemed to care,

The burden on my weary back

Had bowed me to despair,

I oft complained to Jesus

How folks were treating me,

And then I heard Him say so tenderly.

"My feet were also weary, 

Upon the Calvary road;

The cross became so heavy,

I fell beneath the load,

Be faithful, weary pilgrim,

The morning I can see,

Just lift your cross and follow close to me.”

by Ira F. Stamphill (1953) “Follow Me”


John 19:16-17 (NLT) Then Pilate turned Jesus over to them to be crucified. So they took Jesus away. Carrying the cross by himself, he went to the place called Place of the Skull (in Hebrew, Golgotha ).


Matthew 27:32-33 (NLT) Along the way, they came across a man named Simon, who was from Cyrene, and the soldiers forced him to carry Jesus’ cross. And they went out to a place called Golgotha (which means “Place of the Skull”).



Image: Creative Commons (Wikimedia Commons)