Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

1 Thessalonians 5:15-18 (NLT)...

FROM TODAY’S READING (7/16/2019)...

Bible commentator Matthew Henry entered the following in his diary sometime following his being robbed of his wallet...

“Let me be thankful, first, because he never robbed me before; second, because although he took my purse, he did not take my life; third, because although he took all I possessed, it was not much; and fourth, because it was I who was robbed, not I who robbed.”
Matthew Henry(1662-1714)

1 Thessalonians‬ ‭5:15-18‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) See that no one pays back evil for evil, but always try to do good to each other and to all people. Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.


Image: Creative Commons (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f4/Bundesarchiv_Bild_102-12763%2C_Banküberfall.jpg)