Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Philippians 4:10-14 (NLT)...

FROM TODAY'S READING (4/2/2014)...

Philippians 4:10-14 (NLT) How I praise the Lord that you are concerned about me again. I know you have always been concerned for me, but you didn’t have the chance to help me. Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Even so, you have done well to share with me in my present difficulty. 

God Can Use You!

There may be many reasons why you believe God cannot use you.
But don't worry.  You're in good company . . . .

Moses stuttered. 

David's armor didn't fit. 

John Mark was rejected by Paul. 

Timothy had ulcers. 

Hosea's wife was a prostitute. 

Jacob was a liar. 

King David had an affair. 

King Solomon was too rich. 

Jesus was too poor. 

Abraham was too old. 

King David was too young. 

Apostle Peter was afraid of death. 

Lazarus was dead. 

Naomi was a widow. 

Paul was a murderer. 

So was Moses. 

Jonah ran from God. 

Miriam was a gossip. 

Gideon and Thomas both doubted. 

Jeremiah was depressed and suicidal. 

Elijah was burnt out. 

Martha was a worry-wart. 

Samson had long hair.

Noah got drunk.

...Did I mention that Moses had a short fuse? 

So did Peter, Paul -- well, lots of folks did. 

But God doesn't require a job interview. He doesn't hire and fire like most bosses, because He's more our Dad than our Boss. He doesn't look at financial gain or loss. He's not prejudiced or partial, not judging, grudging, sassy, or brassy, not deaf to our cry, not blind to our need. 

Satan says, "You're not worthy." Jesus says, "So what? . . . I AM." 

Satan looks back and sees our mistakes. 

God looks back and sees the cross. 

He doesn't calculate what you did in the past...It's not even on the record. 

Sure, There are lots of reasons why God shouldn't have called us. But if we are magically in love with Him, if we hunger for Him more than our next breath, He'll use us in spite of who we are, where we've been, or what we look like. 

Pray that as Christians, we will step out of our limitations into the illimitable nature of who God is. Then our passion for God and our passion to communicate with Him will make mincemeat of our limitations.

- Unknown