Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Psalm 39:4-8 (NLT)...

FROM TODAY’S READING (2/26/2019)...

NOTE: Older popular joke...but good reminder...

Pete and Tony were great baseball fans. They were talking about baseball one day & Pete says, “I wonder if there is baseball in heaven.”
Tony replies, “I don’t know.”
Soon after, Tony dies. One day he calls Pete from heaven and they’re talking and Pete says, “Tony, you gotta’ tell me. Is there baseball in heaven?”
Tony says, “Well, I have some good news & some bad news. The good news is that there is baseball in heaven. The bad news is that you’re pitching tomorrow.”
Unknown Origin

Psalms 39:4-8 (NLT) “Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered— how fleeting my life is. 
You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand. My entire lifetime is just a moment to you; at best, each of us is but a breath.” 
We are merely moving shadows, and all our busy rushing ends in nothing. We heap up wealth, not knowing who will spend it. 
And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you. Rescue me from my rebellion. Do not let fools mock me.