Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 2, 2020

Psalm 16:9-11 (NLT)

 FROM TODAY’S READING (10/2/2020)...

STOPPING BY WOODS ON A SNOWY EVENING


Whose woods these are I think I know. 

His house is in the village though; 

He will not see me stopping here 

To watch his woods fill up with snow. 


My little horse must think it queer 

To stop without a farmhouse near 

Between the woods and frozen lake 

The darkest evening of the year. 


He gives his harness bells a shake 

To ask if there is some mistake. 

The only other sound's the sweep 

Of easy wind and downy flake. 


The woods are lovely, dark and deep, 

But I have promises to keep, 

And miles to go before I sleep, 

And miles to go before I sleep.


by Robert Frost (1874-1963)


Psalms‬ ‭16:9-11‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice. My body rests in safety. For you will not leave my soul among the dead or allow your holy one to rot in the grave. You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever.


Image: CC (clipart-library.com)

‭‭