Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

2 Corinthians 5:21 (NLT)

FROM TODAY’S READING (3/30/2021)...

EASTER THOT...


“The cosmic trauma had begun. There never had been such pain as physical and spiritual evil now came against Jesus in terrible conjunction. Body and soul recoiled. The initial shock of crucifixion had rendered him paralyzed and quivering. Physical disbelief screamed from severed nerves. And even greater spiritual horror closed in—he would soon become sin.” 

R. Kent Hughes (Luke: That You May Know The Truth)


2 Corinthians‬ ‭5:21‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.

‭‭

Galatians‬ ‭2:20-21‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not treat the grace of God as meaningless. For if keeping the law could make us right with God, then there was no need for Christ to die.


Image: CC ("Close up eye red - Jesus - Cross" by Gerardofegan is licensed under CC BY 2.0)