Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 15, 2021

Jeremiah 9:23-24 (NLT)

FROM TODAY’S READING (4/15/2021)...

READ AND CONTEMPLATE CAREFULLY


"I work so hard for Jesus" I often boast and say, 

"I've sacrificed a lot of things To walk the narrow way, 

I gave up fame and fortune, I'm worth a lot to Thee," 

And then I hear Him gently say to me. 

"I left the throne of glory And counted it but loss, 

My hands were nailed in anger Upon a cruel cross, 

But now we'll make the journey With your hand safe in mine, 

So lift your cross and follow close to me. 

Ira F. Stanphill, “Follow Me” (1953)


Jeremiah‬ ‭9:23-24‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) This is what the Lord says: “Don’t let the wise boast in their wisdom, or the powerful boast in their power, or the rich boast in their riches. But those who wish to boast should boast in this alone: that they truly know me and understand that I am the Lord who demonstrates unfailing love and who brings justice and righteousness to the earth, and that I delight in these things. I, the Lord, have spoken!

‭‭

Image: (pxhere.com)