Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Psalm 19:12-14 (NLT)

FROM TODAY’S READING (5/26/2021)...

“…God is not impressed with the size of our intellect, but he is impressed with the size of our heart. He desires relationship with Jesus over intellectual skill. How can a finite human mind grasp an infinite God? St. Augustine, one of the greatest intellectuals in history, lamented that the “mansion of his heart” was too small and asked God to graciously enlarge his heart, not his mind. The Holy Spirit, who breathed out every word of the scripture, is not impressed with how many verses we have committed to memory, but he is impressed with how many verses have found their way into our everyday lives.”

Ray Hollenbach (studentsofJesus.com)


Psalm 19:12-14 (NLT) How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart? Cleanse me from these hidden faults. Keep your servant from deliberate sins! Don’t let them control me. Then I will be free of guilt and innocent of great sin. 

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.


Image: CC (pxhere.com)