Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Philippians 1:21-23 (NLT)

FROM TODAY’S READING (6/8/2021)...

“A short time before his death he asked his physician what he thought. The reply was that his pulse showed that his heart was beating weaker every day. Toplady replied with a smile: ‘Why, that is a good sign that my death is fast approaching; and, blessed be God, I can add that my heart beats stronger and stronger every day for glory.’ To another friend he said: ‘O, my dear sir, I cannot tell you the comforts I feel in my soul; they are past expression. . . . My prayers are all converted into praise.’”

Copied from hymnary.org referencing the death of Augustus Montague Toplady on August 11, 1778.


Philippians‬ ‭1:21-23‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better. But if I live, I can do more fruitful work for Christ. So I really don’t know which is better. I’m torn between two desires: I long to go and be with Christ, which would be far better for me.

‭‭

2 Timothy 4:7-8 (NLT) I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful. And now the prize awaits me—the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on the day of his return. And the prize is not just for me but for all who eagerly look forward to his appearing.

Image: CC (pexels.com)