Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

1 Peter 4:14-16 (NLT)...

FROM TODAY’S READING (4/9/2019)...

"Eighty-six years I have served Christ, and he has done me no wrong; how can I blaspheme my king who saved me?" 
Polycarp (69-156 AD) 

NOTE: Polycarp was burned at the stake and was pierced with a spear for refusing to burn incense to the Roman Emperor. On his farewell, he said "I bless you Father for judging me worthy of this hour, so that in the company of the martyrs I may share the cup of Christ." 

1 Peter 4:14-16 (NLT) If you are insulted because you bear the name of Christ, you will be blessed, for the glorious Spirit of God rests upon you. If you suffer, however, it must not be for murder, stealing, making trouble, or prying into other people’s affairs. But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by his name!


Romans 14:8-9 (NLT) If we live, it’s to honor the Lord. And if we die, it’s to honor the Lord. So whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. Christ died and rose again for this very purpose—to be Lord both of the living and of the dead.


Image: Creative Commons (unknown origin)