Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 22, 2022

Psalm 51:7-10, 12 (NLT)

FROM TODAY’S READING…

“Disobedience is fairly easy to diagnose. Among the usual symptoms are sluggish moral reflexes, an uneasy conscience that interferes with your digestion, a load of guilt that makes you tire easily, and a low-grade depression that saps you of creative energies.”

Eugene H. Peterson (1932-2018)

Every Step An Arrival, from bible.com


Psalms‬ ‭51:7-10, 12‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. Oh, give me back my joy again; you have broken me— now let me rejoice. Don’t keep looking at my sins. Remove the stain of my guilt. Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me…Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and make me willing to obey you.


Romans‬ ‭5:18-19‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) Yes, Adam’s one sin brings condemnation for everyone, but Christ’s one act of righteousness brings a right relationship with God and new life for everyone. Because one person disobeyed God, many became sinners. But because one other person obeyed God, many will be made righteous.


Romans‬ ‭6:23‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.


Image: CC (Unsplash.com)