Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 6, 2022

Hebrews 13:5-6 (NLT)

FROM TODAY’S READING…

“To be forsaken of God is the worst ill that the most melancholy saint ever dreams of. Thank God, it will never fall to our lot; for no promise can be more express than that which saith, “I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.” This promise does not prevent our praying, but excites us to it. Because God will not forsake his own, therefore do we cry to him in the agony of our feebleness, ‘O forsake me not utterly.’”

Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834-1892)

English Baptist pastor/preacher


Psalm‬ ‭119:8‬ ‭(KJV‬‬) I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.

‭‭

Psalms‬ ‭119:1-8‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) Joyful are people of integrity, who follow the instructions of the Lord. Joyful are those who obey his laws and search for him with all their hearts. They do not compromise with evil, and they walk only in his paths. 

You have charged us to keep your commandments carefully. Oh, that my actions would consistently reflect your decrees! Then I will not be ashamed when I compare my life with your commands. 

As I learn your righteous regulations, I will thank you by living as I should! I will obey your decrees. Please don’t give up on me!

‭‭

Hebrews‬ ‭13:5-6‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) Don’t love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.” So we can say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?”


Image: (“Your Word" by abcdz2000 is licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0.)