Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 13, 2023

Psalm 139:7-12 (NLT)

FROM TODAY'S READING...

"The kitchen table is where I do my contemplative readings, Bible study and prayers. I feel God’s presence there, electrifyingly so, time and time again, day after day.

It’s not because I’m particularly holy. Nobody who knows me well thinks that. Ask my wife, for instance. And it’s not that my kitchen table is some sacred shrine. It’s that God is always everywhere, all the time. You don’t have to go to Asbury to find him."

Paul Prather, pastor and author

Quote taken from The Roys Report article titled "Opinion: Three Thoughts About the Recent Revival at Ashbury Revival."


Psalms‬ ‭139‬:‭7‬-‭12‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) I can never escape from your Spirit! I can never get away from your presence! If I go up to heaven, you are there; if I go down to the grave, you are there. If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me. I could ask the darkness to hide me and the light around me to become night— but even in darkness I cannot hide from you. To you the night shines as bright as day. Darkness and light are the same to you.


Psalms‬ ‭73‬:‭28‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) But as for me, how good it is to be near God! I have made the Sovereign Lord my shelter, and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things you do.


Psalms‬ ‭23‬:‭4‬ ‭(NIV‬‬) Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.


1 John‬ ‭4‬:‭15‬-‭16‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) All who declare that Jesus is the Son of God have God living in them, and they live in God. We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in his love. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them.


Image: CC (Unsplash.com)