Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Psalm 19:12-14 (NLT)

FROM TODAY'S READING...

"It is a human thing to fall into sin, devilish to persevere therein, and divine to rise from it. Deliver me, O Lord, from that evil man — myself!"

Augustine of Hippo (354-440 AD)

theologian and philosopher


Isaiah‬ ‭55‬:‭6‬-‭7‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) Seek the Lord while you can find him. Call on him now while he is near. Let the wicked change their ways and banish the very thought of doing wrong. Let them turn to the Lord that he may have mercy on them. Yes, turn to our God, for he will forgive generously.


Proverbs‬ ‭28‬:‭13‬-‭14‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) People who conceal their sins will not prosper, but if they confess and turn from them, they will receive mercy. Blessed are those who fear to do wrong, but the stubborn are headed for serious trouble.


Psalms‬ ‭19‬:‭12‬-‭14‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart? Cleanse me from these hidden faults. Keep your servant from deliberate sins! Don’t let them control me. Then I will be free of guilt and innocent of great sin. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.


Image: CC (unsplash.com)