Powered By Blogger

Friday, September 1, 2023

Psalms‬ ‭25‬:‭4‬-‭9‬ ‭(The Message/paraphrase)

FROM TODAY'S READING...

"Some people sow wild oats during the week and then slip into church on Sunday to pray for crop failure.”

Rex Humbard (1919-2007)

American evangelist


Psalms‬ ‭25‬:‭4‬-‭9‬ ‭(The Message/paraphrase) Show me how you work, God; School me in your ways. Take me by the hand; Lead me down the path of truth. You are my Savior, aren’t you? Mark the milestones of your mercy and love, God; Rebuild the ancient landmarks! Forget that I sowed wild oats; Mark me with your sign of love. Plan only the best for me, God! God is fair and just; He corrects the misdirected, Sends them in the right direction. He gives the rejects his hand, And leads them step-by-step.


Proverbs‬ ‭28‬:‭13‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) People who conceal their sins will not prosper, but if they confess and turn from them, they will receive mercy.


1 John‬ ‭1‬:‭8‬-‭9‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth. But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.


Image: "Green wild oats closeup" by shixart1985 is licensed under CC BY 2.0.