Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 30, 2024

1 John‬ ‭5‬:‭11‬-‭13‬ ‭(NLT‬‬)

FROM TODAY'S READING...

“In the evening I went very unwillingly to a society in Aldersgate Street, where one was reading Luther’s preface to the Epistle to the Romans. About a quarter before nine, while he was describing the change which God works in the heart through faith in Christ, I felt my heart strangely warmed. I felt I did trust in Christ, Christ alone, for salvation; and an assurance was given me that He had taken away my sins, even mine, and saved me from the law of sin and death.” 

John Wesley (1703-1791)

Anglican evangelist and founder of the Wesleyan Tradition

Quote from "The Journal of John Wesley"


‭‭John‬ ‭3‬:‭16‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.


John‬ ‭3‬:‭36‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) And anyone who believes in God’s Son has eternal life. Anyone who doesn’t obey the Son will never experience eternal life but remains under God’s angry judgment.

‭‭

John‬ ‭5‬:‭24‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) I tell you the truth, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life.


John‬ ‭10‬:‭28‬-‭30‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me, for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand. The Father and I are one.

‭‭

1 John‬ ‭5‬:‭11‬-‭13‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) And this is what God has testified: He has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have God’s Son does not have life. I have written this to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know you have eternal life.

‭‭

Image: CC (unsplash.com)