Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 12, 2024

Psalms‬ ‭32‬:‭1‬-‭6‬, ‭11‬ ‭(NLT‬‬)

FROM TODAY'S READING...

"Happiness is to be forgiven! It is an emotion that defies description. It is the relief of an enormous burden lifted, of a debt canceled, of a conscience at rest. Guilt is gone, warfare is ended, peace is enjoyed."

William MacDonald (1917-2007)

President of Emmaus Bible College

Author of Believer's Bible Commentary 


Psalms‬ ‭32‬:‭1‬-‭6‬, ‭11‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) Oh, what joy for those whose disobedience is forgiven, whose sin is put out of sight! Yes, what joy for those whose record the Lord has cleared of guilt, whose lives are lived in complete honesty! When I refused to confess my sin, my body wasted away, and I groaned all day long. Day and night your hand of discipline was heavy on me. My strength evaporated like water in the summer heat...

Finally, I confessed all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide my guilt. I said to myself, “I will confess my rebellion to the Lord.” And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone. Interlude Therefore, let all the godly pray to you while there is still time, that they may not drown in the floodwaters of judgment...

So rejoice in the Lord and be glad, all you who obey him! Shout for joy, all you whose hearts are pure!

‭‭

1 John‬ ‭1‬:‭8‬-‭9‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth. But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.


Image: CC (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4e/Hiding.1.jpg)