Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 24, 2019

1 Thessalonians 5:9-11 (NLT)...

FROM TODAY’S READING(10/24/2019)...

I watched them tearing a building down,
A gang of men in a busy town.
With a ho-heave-ho and a lusty yell, 
They swung a beam, and the side wall fell.
I asked the foreman: "Are these skilled--
And the men you'd hire if you had to build?"
He gave me a laugh and said: "No, indeed!
Just common labor is all I need.
I can wreck in a day or two
What builders have taken a year to do."
And I thought to myself as I went my way,
Which of these roles have I tried to play?
Am I a builder who works with care
Measuring life by a rule and square?
Am I shaping my deeds to a well made Plan,
Patiently doing the best I can?
Or am I a wrecker, who walks the town
Content with the labor of tearing down?”
Edgar A. Guest


1 Thessalonians‬ ‭5:9-11‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) For God chose to save us through our Lord Jesus Christ, not to pour out his anger on us. Christ died for us so that, whether we are dead or alive when he returns, we can live with him forever. So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.
‭‭
Ephesians‬ ‭4:29‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.

Image: Public Domain By John Boyd via Wikimedia Commons