Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 21, 2019

Job 31:5-8 (NLT)...

FROM TODAY’S READING(10/21/2019)...

Many years ago a Saturday Evening Post cover featured a painting by Leslie Thrasher. It depicted a woman buying a Thanksgiving turkey. It is to be noted that the hands of the woman and butcher are out of sight of each other. They both appear pleased with the transaction.
Now...take a closer look at their hands. Neither customer or butcher would appreciate being considered thieves, but neither apparently saw anything wrong with the obvious deception.

Job‬ ‭31:5-8‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) “Have I lied to anyone or deceived anyone? Let God weigh me on the scales of justice, for he knows my integrity. If I have strayed from his pathway, or if my heart has lusted for what my eyes have seen, or if I am guilty of any other sin, then let someone else eat the crops I have planted. Let all that I have planted be uprooted.”

Proverbs‬ ‭11:1, 3‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) The Lord detests the use of dishonest scales, but he delights in accurate weights...Honesty guides good people; dishonesty destroys treacherous people.
‭‭

Image: Fair use (Classic Covers: Leslie Thrasher/The Saturday Evening Post)