Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Proverbs 3:5-6 (NLT)

 FROM TODAY’S READING (1/27/2021)...

“Twasn't me, 'twas the Lord! I always told Him, 'I trust to you. I don't know where to go or what to do, but I expect You to lead me,' an' He always did.”

Harriet Tubman (1822-1913): American abolitionist and political activist. Born into slavery, Tubman escaped and subsequently made some 13 missions to rescue approximately 70 enslaved people, including family and friends, using the network of antislavery activists and safe houses known as the Underground Railroad. During the American Civil War, she served as an armed scout and spy for the Union Army. In her later years, Tubman was an activist in the movement for women's suffrage. (Wikipedia)


Proverbs‬ ‭3:5-6‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.


‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭12:9-10‬ ‭(NIV‬‬) But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

‭‭

Image: "Harriet Tubman National Historical Park" by National Park Service is licensed with CC BY 2.0.