Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Matthew 6:9-10 (NIV)

FROM TODAY’S READING (1/19/2022)…

 “To pray ‘Your kingdom come’ is to pray for the bending of our wills in profound obedience to his. It is a commitment to consciously submit everything to his authority. This is not a prayer for people who want to stay the way they are. When we pray like this, we hand ourselves over to the grace of God so that he may do as he pleases in our lives—‘Your kingdom come in my life. Use me in your kingdom!’”

R. Kent Hughes


Matthew‬ ‭6:9-10‬ ‭(NIV‬‬) This, then, is how you should pray: “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.”


Matthew‬ ‭26:39 (NIV‬‬) Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”…


Matthew‬ ‭26:42‬ ‭(NIV‬‬) He went away a second time and prayed, “My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done.”


Image: Creative Commons