Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Psalm 32:5 (NLT)

FROM TODAY’S READING (1/26/2022)…

“This response to Jesus is a great grace, because moral agony, an inner writhing over one’s sin, is a necessary prelude to the grace of forgiveness.”

R. Kent Hughes


Luke‬ ‭5:8‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) When Simon Peter realized what had happened, he fell to his knees before Jesus and said, “Oh, Lord, please leave me—I’m such a sinful man.”


1 John‬ ‭1:8-10‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth. But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness. If we claim we have not sinned, we are calling God a liar and showing that his word has no place in our hearts.


Psalms‬ ‭32:5‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) Finally, I confessed all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide my guilt. I said to myself, “I will confess my rebellion to the Lord.” And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone.

‭‭

Image: CC (maxpixel.net)