Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 26, 2023

1 Peter 5:6-7 (NLT)

FROM TODAY'S READING...

"I walked a mile with Pleasure

She chatted all the way,

But left me none the wiser

For all she had to say.


I walked a mile with Sorrow

And ne’er a word said she;

But, oh, the things I learned from her

When Sorrow walked with me!"

Robert Browning (1812-1889)

English poet and playwright 


1 Peter‬ ‭5‬:‭6‬-‭7‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor. Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.


James‬ ‭1‬:‭2‬-‭4‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.

‭‭

Image: CC (unsplash.com)