Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 1, 2023

Matthew 5:4 (NLT)

FROM TODAY'S READING...

NOTE: The following quote is from a recent sermon preached on Mother's Day by Chad Schruggs of Covenant Presbyterian Church in Nashville, Tenn. His daughter, 9-year-old Hallie, was one of three children shot and killed in a March 27, 2023 rampage killing spree at The Covenant Christian Elementary School. 


“A strong confidence in the end of the story does not undo or justify the absence of grief in the middle. A mature faith adds its tears to the sadness in our world. Jesus said, ‘Blessed are those who mourn’ all the while not losing confidence in how that sadness will eventually be overcome in Him.”

Pastor Chad Schruggs


Matthew‬ ‭5‬:‭4‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) God blesses those who mourn, for they will be comforted.


Psalms‬ ‭34‬:‭18‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.


Psalms‬ ‭71‬:‭20‬-‭21‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) You have allowed me to suffer much hardship, but you will restore me to life again and lift me up from the depths of the earth. You will restore me to even greater honor and comfort me once again.


Psalms‬ ‭73‬:‭26‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever.


Romans‬ ‭12‬:‭15‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) Be happy with those who are happy, and weep with those who weep.


Galatians‬ ‭6‬:‭2‬ (NLT‬‬) Share each other’s burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ.


Image: CC (unsplash.com)