Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 22, 2024

Galatians‬ ‭5‬:‭22‬-‭26‬ ‭(NLT‬‬)

FROM TODAY'S READING...

"Of course, the question is not 'Do I perfectly exemplify all of these characteristics in my life?' but rather 'Are these things a general characteristic of my life? Do I sense these attitudes in my heart? Do others (especially those closest to me) see these traits exhibited in my life? Have I been growing in them over a period of years?'"

Wayne Gruden

Theologian, seminary professor, and author

(Systematic Theology: An Introduction to Biblical Doctrine)


Galatians‬ ‭5‬:‭22‬-‭26‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things! 

Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there. Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives. Let us not become conceited, or provoke one another, or be jealous of one another.


Image: CC (pixexid.com)