Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Psalms 56:3 (NLT)

FROM TODAY'S READING...

"Fear is never very far from any of us. Even when we have experienced God’s blessing...we’re prone to forget if some setback comes. Looking back and remembering what God has done for us brings comfort. Looking ahead and worrying about what might happen is both foolish and useless."

Lawrence O. Richards (1931-2016)

The 365 Day Devotional Commentary


Psalms‬ ‭23‬:‭4‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.


Psalms‬ ‭56‬:‭3‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) But when I am afraid, I will put my trust in you.

‭‭

Matthew‬ ‭6‬:‭34‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.


2 Timothy‬ ‭1‬:‭7‬ ‭(NLT‬‬) For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.


Image: Public Domain